The Clinic Policy is a requirement for every client to read, understand
and agree to before any massage treatment can occur.
- I the client give my consent to receive massage from Natalie Loughrin, RMT who is a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT), and is in good standing with Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba (MTAM).
- Natalie Loughrin, RMT adheres to a strict professional code of conduct required by all members of MTAM. Sexual comments, gestures or actions made towards self (client) or towards the massage practitioner Natalie Loughrin, RMT will NOT BE TOLERATED AT ANYTIME. This will result in an immediate end of the massage treatment in progress, client will be asked to leave Natalie’s home immediately, an Invoice for 100% of scheduled appointment fee will be billed to client’s address on file. The conduct will be documented in detail, and further disciplinary action will be taken if required. All further massage appointments will be VOID indefinitely.
- CANCELLATION/RESCHEDULING POLICY — As a client I understand that Parkwood Massage Therapy requires a minimum of 24 hours notice for cancellation of treatments. As a sole practitioner, 100% of Natalie’s income comes from her valued clients (that's you!) only when a massage service is provided. When client’s cancel on short notice, her livelihood is jeopardized. Also important, it takes an appointment slot away from someone else who could benefit from her care.
— For all cancellations please notify Natalie via email/or leave a voicemail message.
• PLEASE NOTE: Natalie is compassionate to clients who need to cancel due to reasons of personal illness/to take care of a sick child at home or death in the family (IN THESE SITUATIONS NO FEE WILL BE CHARGED, NOR WILL THEY BE COUNTED AGAINST ARRIVAL RATE HISTORY KEPT ON CLIENT'S PERSONAL FILE).
• FOR ALL OTHER REASONS: The Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy will be implemented as a 3 Strike Rule outlined below.
1. After the first occurrence of an appointment “no-show” or “late cancellation” (less than 24 hrs notice given)” — 50% of booked massage service fee will be invoiced to client (Invoice will be emailed, E-Transfer request made requiring payment within 14 days from invoice date) Note: Future appointments will be cancelled if payment is past-due.
2. After the second occurrence of an appointment “no-show” or “late cancellation (less than 24 hrs notice given)”
— Client will be responsible for paying 100% of booked massage service fee (Invoice will be emailed, E-Transfer request made requiring payment within 14 days from invoice date) Note: Future appointments will be cancelled if payment is past-due.
— Also after the second “no show”, “late cancellation” or if a client’s cancellations with required advance notice given are becoming a regular occurrence (history of 3 total cancellations/rescheduling appointments), The client will be reminded of policies agreed upon in initial client intake form and will now be required to pre-pay (2-5 days prior to appointment) in order to hold requested time-slot of scheduled massage appointment. This is done in-order to show Natalie good faith and to keep client/therapist relationship in good standing.
3. After the third occurrence of an appointment “No-Show, “late cancellation” or “frequent cancellations (with required notice given)
— As a final resort Termination of client/Therapeutic relationship will occur, client will no-longer be able to book any future appointments with Parkwood Massage Therapy, A referral to another massage therapist can be made upon request.
- As a client I understand that I have the right to ask questions and be fully informed about any proposed treatment. I have the right to refuse or stop any part of the assessment or treatment at any time.
- As a client I agree to keep massage practitioner Natalie Loughrin, RMT fully informed about my health status and personal information, including any changes. Further, I will not hold Natalie Loughrin, RMT nor the Parkwood Massage Therapy facility liable for any unforeseen medical complications.
- As a client I am aware that Parkwood Massage Therapy maintains my medical history and information in an electronic format and that such information meets the Canadian Privacy Requirements.
- As a client I understand my information is kept confidential and protected by the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA). You have the right to see what personal information is held about you. Practitioner Natalie Loughrin, RMT will help you identify what records she might have about you. We will also try to help you understand any information you do not understand (e.g., short forms, technical language, etc.). Natalie Loughrin, RMT reserves the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests made.
- The privacy of clients personal information is very important to Parkwood Massage Therapy. The massage practitioner Natalie Loughrin, RMT is committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the massage services provided. The primary purpose for collecting personal information is to provide safe and professional massage therapy treatment to all clients.
- Like most organizations, massage practitioner Natalie Loughrin, RMT/ Parkwood Massage Therapy may also collect, use and disclose information for purposes secondary to primary purposes. The most common examples of secondary purposes is to email appointment booking confirmations, appointment cancellation confirmation emails, and send reminder upcoming appointment text messages to our clients or to contact clients about matters regarding their massage appointment. Parkwood Massage Therapy retain’s patient history and treatment information for a mandatory minimum of seven years after the last client appointment date in confidential records being kept.